Here's my snail before I made its shell, so it's still a slug at this point in its development. I had this done in just under an hour.
I used Paton's Grace yarn in 'natural' for the body of the snail, and Hobby Lobby 'I love this yarn!' sport solid in orange for the shell. I used size one needles to get a nice tight knit for her snail.
Here's the finished product:
The shell was a bit difficult to sew on, I'm not very good at the sewing part of things so it was really tricky for me. Also Mr. Snail there sort of falls over because his shell is big and heavy, even though I only stuffed it with a tiny bit of fluff. I think using a variegated yarn for his shell as shown on the pattern page would look really nice, this fellow's just a simple snail. But his companion snails are pink and green, so he'll really stand out when he meets his new friends Christmas morning.
In other news, my good friend Zaphy bought me the only knit Narwhal pattern on Ravelry, Napolean the Nervous Narwhal as a Christmas gift. Another friend of mine bought me some new yarn that I'm looking forward to getting, Corntastic in Topaz. 210 yards of light blue yarn made of corn, I'm thinking about what I can make with it. I'm honestly tempted to make a Narwhal, but I'm undecided until I see the yarn in person.
Next week I'll do my entry about owl making, so look forward to it.